1. Favorite childhood book?
Anne of Green Gables
2. What are you reading right now?
I literally JUST finished The Book of Lost Things-review to follow.
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
The Ladies' Lending Library, The Sparrow, Say you're One of Them, Sacred Hearts, Cutting for Stone, The Children's Book, Hotel on The Corner of Bitter and Sweet, The Mistress of Nothing, The Help
4. Bad book habit?
hmmmmm.......letting the covers get bent in my bag (although I personally believes this shows how they are loved)
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
The Book of Lost Things, The Fourth Queen, The Incident Report, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
One at a time. If a book is too big to carry in my purse then sometimes I will have a book for taking with me on the subway to wokr, and another one for home only.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Not at all.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Toss up between The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (although I read it this eyar for the second time), and Lev Grossman's The Magicians
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
That's ahrd to answer-it is NOT:westerns, romance, (ok a little chick lit-but not shopoholic!), horror, crime novels generally, non-fiction, biographies, no Douglas Coupland-even if Generation X was not AS TERRIBLE as I expected.
13. Can you read on the bus?
Not really, but the subway YES!
14. Favorite place to read?
Anywhere really, but the best is when it's rainy and I'm warm and cuddled up in a blanket-oohh on the veranda at Lake of The Woods with the previous conditions!!
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I think I might push my books on people too much!! I love lending books and if they come back with some bends, cracks, or rips, I hope it's because you loved reading it so much you brought it everywhere!!
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Sometimes. I prefer book marks though.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
I've started to! Again, it's an act of love! OR frustration!!
18. Not even with text books?
I ALWAYS wrote in my textbooks!!
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
If I am so enthralled that I don't hear you calling my name!!
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If something in th ebook spoke to me, or see answer to #20!
22. Favorite genre?
It depends on my mood. Sometiems historical fiction, soemktimes sci-fi, sometimes "literature"
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
mmmmm maybe mysteries.
Not a fan.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
No. Well I listedn to The Secret on audiobook (if that counts). I hated it. I also tried to read A New Earth-but I also hate it.
26. Favorite cookbook?
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Man Who Forgot How To Read – Howard Engel
28. Favorite reading snack?
Hmmmmm...I usually take a break to snack...maybe popcorn!
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Angel’s Game – Carlos Ruiz Zafon but the hype was entirely of my own making!!
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don't tend to read critics!
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I started a blog to share my opinions and experiences so if I don't like something I'll say that-but I try not to be cruel.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Italian. It sounds AND LOOKS beautiful.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I can't think of one.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Again, I can't think of one!
35. Favorite Poet?
Not a huge poetry fan. I always liked RObert Frost's The Road Not Taken.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
hmmm 5-9 with another 10 or so on hold.
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Rarely. I used to feel guilty if I didn't read a book I took out of the library-not so much anymore though! I usually requests books that I know I want to read, and even then I tend to finish a book because I sstill DO feel guilty not finishing books.
38. Favorite fictional character?
Anne of Green Gables, Aminata from the Book of Negroes.
39. Favorite fictional villain?
I can't think of one.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Anything by Maeve Binchy, anything that is on my library hold list at any given time. I usually like to get a book started when I go on vacation otherwise, I have a hard time getting focused to read.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Hours. For example, I finished a book on the subway today, and I will be reading a magazine on the way to book club, but will be starting my next book tonight.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
One Hundred Years of SOlitude. BOOORING!! Also, too many same or similar names!!
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
If I am truly absorbed in abook then nothing! Otherwise-facebook! that's sad but true.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
All Harry Potter novels, but evenmore so, all of The Lord of The Rings books-it's like they took the images right from my brain. Creepy.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Hmmmmm......Inothing comes to mind except Twilight...
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
If textbooks count then over $500
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never-but I will read the back cover!!
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I was half way through then I woudl keep reading. I amnow able to stop reading a book if I am no more than 1/4 of the way through -which is better thanforcing yourself to read every book you start!!
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes. By colour. For real.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Keep and lend out!
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
hmmmmm no. If I'm not interested I won't read something-doesn't mean I'm avoiding it!
52. Name a book that made you angry.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Twilight-well the whole series.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The Angel's Game. I built up Zafon's The Shadow of The Wind and was let down!
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I've mentioned her name already-but Maeve Binchy!!