I came across a list of words I meant to look up while cleaning up my desk tonight. I don't remember which books these came from, but figured I wrote down unknown words, I should look them up and make them known (to myself at least!!). Definitions from thefreedictionary.com:
1. Bloviating: To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner.
2. Autodidacts: A person who is self-taught.
WAIT NOW I REMEMBER!!! I was reading Her Fearful Symmetry!! I remember (FYI-I first typed "remember" as: trmrmbrt) looking up autodidacts on wikipedia too!!!
3. Particulate-based on context I think it must be: A substance or suspension composed of such particles, such as sand or smoke. (My guess: able to see particles in the air).
4. Discomfited: To make uneasy or perplexed; disconcert (My guess: to make people uncomfortable-pretty close!!)
5. Hirsute: Covered with hair; hairy (ewwww).
What words have you looked up lately??