Question: If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which book would it be? And how would you change it?
My answer: I LOVE THIS QUESTION!! I think this is one of the best BTT questions. The one book that jumps to mind is Wally Lamb I Know This Much is True. I thought this was a fantastic book but was disappointed that Lamb wrapped everything up with a neat little bow at the end! I'm a little fuzzy on the details now, the last time I read it was September 2008 but here is what I would change (SPOILER ALERT-SORRY):
- I wouldn't have Dominic find the translator for his grandfather's story again
- Dominic's relationship with Ray later in life is too close for what they went through
- Dominic wouldn't get back together with his wife
- Dominic wouldn't find out who is father was and Thomas his brother and Ralph his half-brother wouldn't have known all along without saying anything
- Dominic would have nothing to with the casino and no money from it
- Dominic and Dessa wouldn't have ended up with Joy's daughter and everyone getting along so easily
- I would end things around when Dominic's brother Thomas passed away OR at when Dominic finds out who his father ends. PERIOD. Nothing else!!