Thursday, May 13, 2010
Booking Through Thursday: Influenced
Question May 13, 2010: Are your book choices influenced by friends and family? Do their recommendations carry weight for you? Or do you choose your books solely by what you want to read?
I pick books based on what I think would be interesting but my book choices are also definitely influenced by friends and family, in a number of ways actually. In honour of listophelia I shall answer this in list format:
1. If ANYBODY recommends a book I usually write it down and often read it.
2. If you buy me a book I will read it-my aunt has bought me books for Christmas or my
birthday since I was a kid and she always had great picks (thanks Nancy!)
3. If I'm at your house I will look at your library and ask what you have that's good
4. at Marcia's house I have a list of the books she owns that I want to borrow-every once in
a while she will bring me a few random books from said selection.
5. I have a Wish List on amazon.ca and love that it will make suggestions for books that I might
like based on what I've read or looked at. It also suggests book based on what other people
bought that also bought/looked at a certain book.
6. I still love you Oprah.
How about you? Are your book selections influenced by anyone?